Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My iPhone Take.....

(a) It's very nice. It basically aims to deliver the experience that people have sold in concept videos. Remember the Origami videos?

(b) No, it's not for everyone. It's *one* product in it's first release. This is the iPod 1G. Yes, everyone can point to same or similar features in other devices. They can point to features the iPhone doesn't have (like 3G) that other phones have. That's not the point; like the iPod 1G, this is about establishing a position and an experience.

(c) This is the first of what I suspect are many product releases from Apple this year. My hope, a phoneless iPhone, with wifi and bluetooth, which acts as the Apple Remote for all your kit.

(d) I still want one. But I'm not rushing out for it. Thanks Steve for using America as the final test area.

No comments: