Saturday, August 17, 2013

Codescaling, behind the scenes

In the background on Codescaling, I've been refining the way I write stories. I've gone for the simple route of writing the core text in Markdown in Sublime Text (and Editorial on the iPad soon) and then converting to HTML and pasting into Wordpress.com for topping-and-tailing. It seems to be the easiest way to embed links and formatting without being in Wordpress.com's dashboard. I've dropped making links open a new window, an old habit from The H, and gone for in place link opening.

The thing that worries me is there's so few following on social media... six on @codescaling on Twitter and three on the codescaling Google+ page. Maybe I need more cat pictures or a "Cat on the coding keyboard" video... "Make them System.exit(1) coding cat!"

No comments: