Sunday, March 11, 2007

Well.... The prototype worked.....

My little project "Rix" which was meant to be just an experiment with Ruby on Rails. Well, the experiment went pretty well; for the first time, I felt confident enough to try it out on a couple of folks and it seems to work. So, I'm killing "Rix", or more coopting it as the basis for Converence. What's Converence? It's my long running attempt to glue the threaded message style of conferencing with the immediacy of IRC and IM. I'm well impressed with Ruby On Rails, it's let me get something that works together far quicker than in the past. Now, the real test is how it'll all work out as I push the design forward and make the UI as natural and slick as possible.

I'll need something to think about over the next few months to stop me worrying about getting an ingrown toenail removed (and though that isn't that much of a deal, it is for me for when I was young, the same operation went bad and it has stuck with me since)... So I'll be getting plenty of screen time.

I do wish Blogger would sort out a MacOSX widget for the current Blogger; blogging is lacking it's immediacy.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Tried ecto?

Codepope said...

What bit of "widget" did you miss? :)